Updated as at 1 July 2012
- order products and subscriptions from us;
- register as a user on one or more of our Websites;
- provide content through our online communities;
- apply for jobs with us;
- register to receive our newsletters; and
- contact us with a question or complaint.
- postal address;
- phone number (land line, mobile and fax);
- credit or debit card details; and
- email address.
- enable you to use any services that we may from time to time provide through the Websites;
- enable you to become a registered user on one or more of our Websites;
- process your transaction or subscription and correspond with you accordingly;
- provide you, in accordance with your communications preferences, with information about our products and services, our latest news or special offers which may be of interest to you;
- track activity on our Websites for market research purposes so that we can improve the usefulness and content of the Websites but, in carrying out such activity, we use the personal information in aggregate and on an anonymous basis;
- stop you posting or sending offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our Websites or where you otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Websites. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer, e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour; and
- for Website administration (including enabling us to respond to any comments on the Websites or feedback you may give us).
We may share personal information collected via the Websites within our corporate group including William Reed Holdings Limited, William Reed Business Media Ltd, HIM Ltd, William Reed Business Media SAS and William Reed Business Media Inc. Otherwise, we will only disclose personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.
On the basis that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data across international boundaries. In particular, we will hold your personal information in the UK and France, and we may transfer it to the USA to a service provider who may host the Websites and store personal information on our behalf.
The Websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
We study visitor trends since we are interested in the successful dissemination of information through the Websites. Our server creates log files of information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address from your network, what pages were explored and the length of your visit. Analysis software is used to generate reports which help us to learn more about how we can enhance your experience with the Websites. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you. The log files are regularly purged.
An IP address is a number designated for your computer by your Internet service provider to provide access to the Internet. We may use your IP address to gather aggregate information on use. But we will only be able to identify you individually if we have the means of linking the IP address to you as a particular user. This usually requires access to additional information which we do not seek.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold on you and to have any errors in that information corrected. We may charge a small fee for such requests where this is permitted under applicable law You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information on compelling legitimated grounds. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details provided below.
The data controller of personal information collected about you through this Website is William Reed Business Media Ltd, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales (registered number is 2883992) whose registered office is at Broadfield Park, Crawley, West Sussex RH11 9RT.
You can write to us at the address above (marked for the attention of the Company Secretary or e-mail us at: email@example.com.
For visitors from France:
The data controller of personal information collected about you through this Website is William Reed Business Media SAS, a limited liability company registered in France (registered number 429 315 971) whose registered office is at 335, rue Vendemiaire, Le Belem – 34400 Montpellier.
You can write to us at the address above (marked for the attention of the Company Secretary) or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.